Cattlemen’s Ball Begins in Scotts Bluff County

Cattlemen’s Ball Begins in Scotts Bluff County

The Cattlemen’s Ball Begins in Scotts Bluff County

The Cattlemen’s Ball of Nebraska, a prominent charity event dedicated to raising funds for cancer research, is set to take place in Scotts Bluff County on June 7 and 8, 2024. This annual event, which has been a cornerstone in the fight against cancer since its inception in 1998, will once again bring together communities from across Nebraska to support a noble cause.

This year, the event will be hosted by Scott and Kristin Schiff, who have been residents of Nebraska for the past 15 years. Originally from Delaware and Illinois, respectively, the Schiffs have deep roots in agriculture, having transitioned from cow-calf ranching to irrigated farmland and feedlots. Their passion for showcasing the beauty of western Nebraska and their commitment to cancer research have driven them to take on the responsibility of hosting this significant event.

The Cattlemen’s Ball will be held at a picturesque location on one of the Schiff’s pastures, offering stunning views of the valley, including landmarks such as Chimney Rock, Scotts Bluff National Monument, and Lake Minatare. The Schiffs are enthusiastic about the opportunity to highlight the unique charm of western Nebraska, a region that has not hosted the ball in over a decade.

The primary mission of the Cattlemen’s Ball is to raise funds for cancer research at the Fred & Pamela Buffett Cancer Center in Omaha. Since its first event, the ball has successfully raised over $19 million, with 90% of the proceeds going directly to the cancer center and the remaining 10% benefiting local health and wellness initiatives. This year’s event promises to continue this legacy of generosity and community support.

For those planning to attend, the event offers convenient and free bus routes sponsored by Scotts Bluff County Tourism. These buses will transport attendees from Scottsbluff and Gering to the event site on both Friday evening and Saturday, ensuring easy access to the festivities.

Tickets for the Cattlemen’s Ball are available for purchase online at and on Facebook. Locals in Scottsbluff can also buy tickets in person at Platte Valley Bank. There are two types of tickets available: the “Trail Boss” ticket, which includes access to the event on both Friday and Saturday, along with four meals and a concert, and the “Top Hand” ticket, which provides entry on Saturday from noon onwards, including a prime rib dinner and a performance by Collin Raye.

The Cattlemen’s Ball is not just for cattle producers; it is an inclusive event open to anyone who wishes to support cancer research and enjoy a weekend in the beautiful Nebraska panhandle. The Schiffs emphasize the importance of community involvement and the impact that cancer has on many lives, making the event a meaningful and heartfelt gathering.

As the countdown to June 7 and 8 begins, the excitement and anticipation for the Cattlemen’s Ball continue to build. Attendees can stay updated on the latest information by following the event on social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.

The Cattlemen’s Ball of Nebraska is more than just a fundraising event; it is a celebration of community, resilience, and the collective effort to combat cancer. With the support of generous sponsors, dedicated hosts, and enthusiastic attendees, the 2024 Cattlemen’s Ball in Scotts Bluff County is poised to make a significant impact in the ongoing fight against cancer.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Scroll to Top